Monday, March 16, 2009

STOP… and let me tell you this

This morning I got the most shocking day…  I started my day with a very nice plan I know that MYP7 will practice Tai Chi on the 1st and 2nd period and so I think why not give them a free drink after the tiring work. (I seldom done that to my CIE Y7 to give them something) and I know that coca cola is not good for the health (I just hope the appreciation of it from my students). then here goes I bring down the coca cola when suddenly one of my student told me this (I don't know if she says it intentionally or jokingly but it had a big impact to me). “TEACHER DONT JUST GIVE YOUR FAVOURITE ONES BECUASE I KNOW YOU SHOW FAVOURITISM’’ and my world is suddenly flown by the wind…. I started to question myself do I show favoritism in MYP7? Do I have a favorite student in a class of 13? how did I show favoritism in class? my belief of being fair to them just suddenly washed away with that cold words.. I was stunned and started to reflect….. in the first place do they have any reason to tell me that? How do they consider that I show favoritism? all of them I give extra attention and make sure I give same level of care to them.. i will stop for a moment and think before I answer that questions in my mind for now I know MYP7 are bunch of 13 students with differences yet without any favoritism everyone is unique with their own strength and weakness

No comments: