Friday, March 20, 2009

Hernando Valisno Bernal

Today is the death anniversary of my father Hernando Valisno Bernal (policeman in profession). It has been 24 years when he pass away and it is 23 years and 10 months that I don’t experience having a father (for information my father died before I was born to this world).

I don’t know what should I feel when they asked or talked about my father. to tell you the truth I don’t know him nor  I don’t even meet him in person, never I have touched him, I don’t even know what love I have for him. one thing is for sure he give me life and I must be very thankful for it.

when I was small I remember every time I cried I always call his name “daddy daddy huhu” but no one ever comes I will just stop because I am tired crying. and that is the only thing that comfort me to call his name as daddy.

I can’t explain what is my relationship towards my father. never in my life I asked for a fatherly image (thanks to my mom coz I know she makes all effort for me to stand as father and mother). And never in my life that I have regrets that I don’t have a father. but sometimes I asked myself what if my father is alive? what should I became? but I think it will be just like a question that I never mind at all. maybe I will just ask him when we meet in heaven in the proper time.

I don’t know how should I feel towards this day. I cannot mourn nor feel sad because I don't have intense personal relationship with him. But I see and I know the pain my mother and sister felt during this day. They always says my father is a good person, great dad, good husband, honest police and a friendly person however for me that is a big question WHO is HERNANDO VALISNO BERNAL for me. yes I know he is my father but what he is to me that I cannot answer.

No comments: