Sunday, October 26, 2008

I failed to be a teacher

A Parable
From; Kinghorn J.R. 1988. a step by step guide for conducting a consensus in diversity workshop in global education.

Once upon a time there was a class and the students expressed disapproval of their teacher. Why should they be concerned with Global interdependency, global problems. And what others of the world were thinking, feeling and doing?
And the teacher said she had a dream in which she saw one of her students fifty years from today. The student was angry and said “Why did I learn so much detail about the past and the administration of my country and so little about the world?”
He was angry because no one told him that as an adult he would be faced almost daily with problems of global interdependent nature, be they problem of peace, security, quality of life, food, inflation, or scarcity of natural resources.
The angry student found he was the victim as well as beneficiary.“why was I not warned?” why was I not better educated? Why did my teachers not tell me about the problems and help me understand that I was a member of an Interdependent human race?
With even greater anger the student shouted, “You helped me extend my hands with incredible machines, My eyes with telescopes and microscopes, My ears with telephones, radios, and sonar, My brain with computers,
But you did not help me extend my heart, love, concern for the entire human family.You, teacher, gave me half a loaf.


I tried my best to teach my Humanities but I failed... I dont know what to do with them any more... its hard to insist with them on how to be human..... I see the negative side in all my students and I cant do anything to prevent it from coming out with their system. day by day past it becomes more and more hopeless for me on how to manage them... each day they will fight for even a simple and small issue..... and I am most sad on his progress... I love all of them but I cant tolerate this acts anymore I must act no matter what..... I dont want my students to tell me You helped me extend my hands with incredible machines, My eyes with telescopes and microscopes, My ears with telephones, radios, and sonar, My brain with computers,But you did not help me extend my heart, love, concern for the entire human family.You, teacher, gave me half a loaf.......

So HELP ME GOD with this battle thank you

No comments: